Old 04-04-2016, 04:35 PM
NeedsWings
Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Replacement Key Ordering System slowing to a crawl

Keys used to take 1-3 days to arrive to us once ordered, occasionally up to 4-5 days but that was very uncommon. as of a few weeks ago, Chrysler has changedtheir vin encoded parts ordering system and it has broughtour key receiving to a crawl. At thispoint I have over 20 keys on order that all are late to arrive here. We have been on the phone with Chrysler everyday for the past 2 weeks over this trying to get these here. The latest from them (this morning) is thatthey will be here this week. we are atthe top of the list nationwide to get keys and this has our full attention andwill get these out the moment they arrive here with tracking towards everyone.

Mercedes has changed their key ordering system several months ago to now state that the actual car HAS to be at the dealership at the time of the key arriving and that you must pay Mercedes to program it there on the spot. Hence we do not sell any more Mercedes keys, just Chryslers. I hope that does not become the case and I do not want to cancel existing key orders in case we somehow get them through before something like that happens. If someone does want to cancel their key order I can do so 100% in full, but no guarantees on the future ordering at that point.

I have not yet disabled Chrysler key ordering from my website as Chrysler has not rejected any submitted orders so they are still being excepted.

I have emailed everyone on the list a link to this thread and I will continue to update it as info comes in.