View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 09:35 AM
JPT
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED strip light for trunk

Reposting this in the correct section.....

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772680

So I did this to my Z and it worked out beautifully. When my girlfriend saw it, she was like, hey I want that in my Crossfire. So I ordered a few LED bulbs, some for the dome lights, and some to replace the entire license plate lights and the one for the trunk light.

For the Z install, I just took the red and black wire and hooked them up to the opposite end of the bulb and it worked. When I tried that with the crossfire, It shorted out, and blew the fuse, took me 20 min to figure that out, so I replaced the fuse, got everything working, but now I want to hook up the led strip, and I wanted to get some advice from some of you guys who are more electrically inclined then myself.

I had it kinda working at one point, but then I shorted it, so clearly I'm just handy enough to be dangerous. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys. And FP if your reading this your black beauty is still going strong, we just put new Koni adjustables on it and it feels like brand new car. Still can't say thanks enough!!

Jeff

Last edited by JPT; 04-27-2016 at 10:29 AM.