View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:29 AM
lovecross
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor

Thanks guys! I am sometimes guilty of trying too many fixes at the same time. On the RCM, I had nothing to magnify it with, so I didn't see cracks. The center connection looked a little bit discolored but just slightly. I added a dab of solder to each as they did look like they needed it. I'm a rookie with solder but I don't think (hope) I screwed it up. I then drove it about 45 miles doing errands with no trouble, before the crank with: no start, 2 days later.
OOOOOPS about the carb cleaner. I think I read that as a way to check for fuel getting to the engine. Hope I didn't mess something else up. There was no hint of starting, turn the key/release, starter cranks engine for about 4 seconds. I then checked the fuel line by touching the Schrader valve at the connection. There seemed to be good pressure, by the spray.
So I'm back to thinking ignition/spark. Hope to have the Bosch CPS in a few days. Local Stealer wanted $239 & have it next day!?! I will refrain from giving them any business if at all possible.
No check engine light. A friend may be over to connect his code reader in a couple of days. I'll be back soon.
Thank you very much.

Last edited by lovecross; 07-17-2016 at 01:07 PM.