Thread: Curb rash
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 02:24 PM
KDW4Him
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Curb rash

Originally Posted by Gtsman
I have had two Srt wheels redone. First the wheel was stripped to remove the paint and clear coat, secondly, The face of the wheel is re- cut on a cnc machine. The depth of the cut depends on how severe the curb rash is. I was lucky and was able to remove all the rash on my wheels, sometimes this is not possible because of the amount of material needed to be taken off the wheel can make the bead area to thin. I paid $75 per wheel and I elected to paint and clear myself. There are a few excellent machinists on this forum that can explain the cutting procedure way better than me. The cutting procedure used can make a difference in the finish and this is where I'm not an expert. My guy looked at the wheel and determined how it was cut originally and duplicated it. They came out excellent and " new".

Did he take an equal amount of material off the opposite side of the wheel to help maintain the balance?

It would concern me if he didn't because that would leave wheel weights to make up the discrepancy.