View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 07:20 PM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: Front crank seal leak

Originally Posted by JimmyJames
Hey guys
I am going to post picks of the crank pulley and how bad it was (read: real) but I have a new problem now.

I went ahead and bought a crank seal and bolt to complete the job. During the job when I was at the seal, I almost did not replace it since it was dry and the car only has 27,400 miles.
But I had the part and the car is pushing 11 years old so I went ahead and installed it. It went in too easy---so I thought at time---but it was in and removing it would have destroyed it.
Well, you know where this is going---It's leaking and doing a good job at it.

I bought it from Rob and it's a MB part with the number---A 0239778447.
The net says it the correct part but it does not have the metal ring like Rob has on the site or like the one on the car that I removed.

Before I changes it, I double checked the part number on the bag with the net and it was the same so I went ahead since I know that updates and looks can change some.

I wished I did not now but here I am. Any ideas?
All help has usual is greatly appreciated.

Jimmy
If it did not leak why did you feel that you should change the seal in the first place? My motto is if it has not failed do'nt fix it. Mind you when I was younger and got a little bored I would change something, preventive maintenance I called it but it was a waste of time mostly.