Thread: no electrical
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:49 PM
crossfirelady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no electrical

Hi all,
I am having a weird issue with my Crossfire; which started a few days ago.
listed the events to keep it simple.

1. A few weeks ago, i noticed that the seat adjustment controls would not work with car off or after starting.
2. the adjusters would start working out the blue after trying them from time to time.
3. checked the fuses and noticed that they were not blown, but were unresponsive to the test light.
4. sense it was not a big issue, I put it on the bench to deal with later.
5. a few days ago the car suddenly stalled at the light; but i was able to start it right up.
6. on the same day the same issue occurred about 15 minutes later, and yes it started up afterwards.
7. the next day it happened again while backing out of my driveway, and yes it started back up.
8. the rest of the day went fine after that without incident.
9. however, earlier this morning the car shut off; but his time I had no electricity to the car. No dash lights, no response to the alarm, absolutely no power whatsoever.
9a. I checked all fuses and found none blown.
9b. after about 30 min, and checking around the wires in the RCM box I noticed the alarm indicator light started flashing.
9c. car started right up after that, so i quickly drove home.
10. I tested all the fuses and relay connections and found nothing blown or failed outside of the two 30amp seat fuses.
11. I replaced them and now they pass testing (strange).

Nevertheless, the issue with the random shutoff and the complete fail of electrical power today is baffling. can anyone assist?