View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 12:42 PM
TopHydraulics
Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Convertible Top Hydraulic Purge

As far as the manual pressure relief valve, have no idea of its location?
Hello DJ,

first off, I owe you an apology. There is no external pressure relief valve on the Crossfire pump! Most hydraulic pumps have external pressure relief valves that need to be opened before manually moving the top, but the Crossfire pump does not. I had been responding on several other forums yesterday before the Crossfire forum, and I mixed that up in my previous response. The Crossfire not having that external pressure relief valve is a good thing - it makes your life easier.

Originally Posted by djohn14296
Ok went out this morning started car up. Un-latched the top, windows went down, pushed the top switch and the rear window bow unlocked and stopped, did not lift up.
That is good news! It means that the pump is working, so we needn't worry about that for now. The next thing to check is whether the rear bow lock is giving the "unlatched" signal to the control module.

Before the signal comes from the micro switch on the rear bow lock (p/n 05142957AA aka A 193 750 0184) that the lock is actually unlatched, the pump will not be directing any fluid to the rear bow tension cylinders (p/n 05142640AA and 05170014AA) to lift up the rear bow. That "unlatched" signal is actually an open circuit, as opposed to a closed circuit when the rear bow latch is locked. There is some reverse logic involved here: the micro switch on the rear bow lock gets triggered by a metal lever that is supposed to push on the switch when the latch open. The micro switch itself is a "normally closed" switch, so it creates an open circuit when triggered. It is possible that grime has built up in your rear bow latch such that the small lever that is supposed to trigger the micro switch on the rear bow latch isn't able to move far enough. A good dowsing of that lever mechanism with WD-40 or similar might take care of the problem. You get access to the rear bow latch once the tonneau cover is open. It is fairly easy to remove from the tonneau cover, so you may want to do that and examine how the lever works that I'm talking about.

Klaus