Thread: Tpms
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 09:46 AM
zip439
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Re: Tpms

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Long before 'technology' came along (in the TPMS area), people just used a simple air pressure gauge. Simple, cost effective, and you do not have to rely on someone else to know if your 4 footprints on the road surface are safe. With all these electronic gadgets in our world, there may come a time when people will just KISS (Keep It Simple Silly). All too often I see many a vehicle (new ones as well) driving down the road with a (or more) nearly flat tire(s). Of those I can tell (not always can catch em at a light or stop sign) the people know and don't do anything about it. I don't know about anyone else BUT it seems to me a driver should be able to 'feel' a tire getting low from a leak. In all the years I have been driving, I could tell (other than the two times in my life I had catastrophic tire failures) when mine were leaking. I digress, just keep an inexpensive air pressure gauge and a tire puncture fix-it kit with the included (tested, knowing it works) compressor, and you should be totally good to go. I check my tires (on average) once a month (unless a huge temperature change occurs). We all are tending to rely more on these gadgets, when it comes to tire pressure, I will never. Besides the massive cost to repair/replace/calibrate this system, it just makes sense to KISS. This is why I finally did the TPMS bypass (when the sensor batteries started failing due to age) on my car.

DITTO! + See post #2