View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 08:19 PM
ggjacks5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arlington or DFW Mechanic Needed

I have had my '05 Crossfire for 8 years. I have yet to find a mechanic that doesn't sigh or their roll eyes when I tell them I have a Crossfire that needs work. Even the three Chrysler dealership's near me flat out say, we don't work on those cars much and they are difficult to diagnose. My car is barely hanging on right now, but I cannot afford to buy another one right now. Plus, still REALLY like my car.

CAR ISSUES:
1. P410 Code
2. Check Engine Light (goes on and off)
3. BAS Light (goes on and off... on for the last 50 miles)
4. Car surges and seems like it is not getting enough gas
5. Rough idle and dying while driving until a friend of mine cleared all the codes with a code reader he borrowed from his work (Ford mechanic). Car ran great for 2-3 days. Then the surging problem started and has become progressively worse in the last few days. Tried to drive it today but turned around and went back home. It feels like it's not getting enough gas or maybe not enough air. The problem is worse when taking off in a low gear.

RECENT REPAIRS:
1. I had the throttle body cleaned (not replaced) a couple of months ago. Car ran great for about 2 weeks then slowly started surging when taking off and dying when at a stop.
2. I have tried resetting the computer by pressing the brake and accelerator, turn ignition on, off, etc. That didn't work.

Any suggestions regarding DFW mechanics that work on Crossfires and are good would be appreciated.

2005 Crossfire, base model, manual 6 speed, 155,000 miles

Thanks!