View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 10:45 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Oil Change

Originally Posted by Rob M
Good point!!! You wouldn't want to give them any excuses to void your warranty.

I read the LPW overview that Chrysler would post online back then and was curious what is actually in the actual contract. For example, when your Crossfire is 30 years old and the engine fails, what do you actually get in return? Are they going to pay someone to rebuild the engine or buy you a reconditioned one? A new one? Do they stipulate limitations on reimbursement anywhere in that contract? For example, I've seen other lifetime warranty contracts that basically state that reimbursement is only up to some specific guide average value of the vehicle itself, at which point a cash settlement is made. In those cases, the warranty is better than nothing, but it still provides a diminishing return. What's the Crossfire LPW state? I could see in another 10 years someone filing a claim with FCA and them saying you get NADA (so to speak) - which by then might be $2K.

Being a recent FCA cynic, I think they will pull the 'car is not worth the cost of repairs' (lifetime meaning some 'out-of-the-blue' time limit). And of course pretty soon a FCA water pump replacement will exceed that (given some of the invoices I have seen reported in the posts here). Never again will I hitch up to this failing company (until a top to bottom management replacement WITH HISTORY of better products/services realized)!