Old 07-18-2016, 04:56 PM
GoodlawdjeebusitsaFhaur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to Repair Relay Control Module (RCM) - (Mystery no Start)

Originally Posted by tighed1
By chance does the radiator fan spin up really fast when the key is put to the ON position?
That's an indication that the engine control relay is not engaged.
The fan does not spin up when turned to on...

I did remove the relays and witnessed this scenario, but with everything as it should be this does not happen.

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
So the car won't engage the starter on it's own?
And the car won't run IF you get it to turn over as you described?

THen check to see if the output of hte Engine Control Relay (on the RCM) is getting to the PTCM.
That output not only "allows" the PTCM to operate the plugs and injectors, it also is required for the PTCM to command the pulse module to engage the starter.
This is correct, the car will not engage the starter, well it is very intermittent and is more on the not engaging rather than engaging.(It sometimes will engage)

When the car does engage the starter from the key, it is like it is not getting gas. Same scenario when we manually toggle the starter relay.

I tried to follow the FSM for the electrical pinouts on the RCM to the PTCM, although I couldn't figure out what pin is what...(What connector/pin ect ect).

So to bypass this issues, I tried to "beep" via a multimeter from the RCM engine control relay to EVERY pin in the wire harness to the PTCM and did NOT find a beep signal.

I am assuming the clutch switch still needs to be bypassed and the ignition in the ON position?

Another note is I can see the fuel pump relay DISengage after a few seconds of trying to start the car.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.