View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 06:45 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: 2005 crossfire no start

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
The solution they USUALLY come up with is a new SKREEM module and a new set of keys, around $2500.

I have seen a post where a reprogram of the SKREEM is possible by a 3rd party firm, don't know this for sure though.

There is an elusive post on this forum that tells how a member reset his SKREEM by using some method. I'll keep looking for it.
The cost of this problem you give seems a bit high to me, but I cannot find a cost quoted here.
Edit
I found the post, it states that it worked for the poster. He installed a used SKREEM and then connected a battery charger and then turned the ignition to ON and left it for three hours. He says it worked for him.
I wonder if this would work to reset an existing SKREEM? (See Superstars post below he said it worked)
It would be worth trying anyway. The battery charger is to ensure that the battery did not get drained and ruin the attempt.
I have a DRB III Crossfire Diagnostics Technicians Guide, I read some of it for the first time just now, It says that a new SKREEM must be ordered by VIN and country and will come programmed. The DRB III tool must be used to set the country code in it. That seems a bit ambiguous to me but that is what it says. The PCM must be replaced at the same time.
The existing keys can be used in the new SKREEM, they have to be reprogrammed by leaving them in the ON ignition position for one minute. Other modules can be replaced by copying the info on them and entering it into the new module.
If a module does not communicate with the DRB III scan tool then the negative cable is disconnected for a minute and tried again.
I have to get one of these tools plus the Crossfire memory card. These tool costs more than a Crossfire these days.

A line from Superstars post.
" So I disconnected the battery one last time. Unplugged the (SKREEM) module for a few seconds, then reconnected it and the battery. Keyless entry worked, and the car started right up!"

A line from mferreira3417s post.
"yep you have to leave ignition in ON position for 3 hours with battery charger hooked up. this is for a used one (SKREEM). have done it and it works"
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-25-2016 at 07:46 PM.