View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 04:50 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Air Bag Light Stays On

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Well, millions of vehicles are covered under that airbag recall. I know it sounds nuts, but in the past two years, Ive had two airbags deploy on me that were covered by the recall. I was cut by flying shrapnel both times -but it was no big deal. One piece got my leg, one got my arm. Personally, I will probably not let any damn dealer take my car apart for the airbag.

As to the light, it sounds like you have a problem with the system that the dealer's standard (and WRONG) answer is to change a module. This is obviously not the issue, unless something is killing the module, which I doubt.

It will be interesting to see what advice you get - cause I got little or nothing for you.
If disconnecting an air bag module with the battery connected will give a red light, it could be surmised that a poor contact to the air bag could give the same red light. It would mean the bag was disconnected with the battery still connected. Something to consider, nothing wrong with the module, just a poor contact.