Old 08-04-2016, 03:48 PM
X-F
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What's the fastest you "Allegedy" driven your Crossfire?

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
What I worry about with high speed is the serpentine belt failure. That would be catastrophic. In the NA a simple push on the clutch and control would return for a steady coasting off velocity and eventually ,,,; the highway. All four wheels still on the ground.

I'm not sure what would happen, or the escape procedure if something like that did happen, in the autostick of the SRT. Plus you have that Supercharger either spinning wild or flying apart. Both outcomes not good.
This actually happened to me about a month ago, in my automatic. I was zooming down the freeway on an area that I know is unmonitored by ticket-givers. Lucky for me, I was going in a straight line when it happened, BUT I did not feel the belt system fail. Actually, it wasn't even the belt that snapped, one of the pulleys broke off completely (luckily it was only a $40 fix) and dislodged the belt entirely. After replacing the pulley, the old belt was snapped right back on. I only noticed that the belt system failed when I tried to turn a little bit, the steering wheel resisted like hell. This (obviously) freaked me out, because I was afraid that my car had broken something worse (I've spent A LOT of money keeping this car healthy ). All I did was let off the gas so that it would slow down naturally, went into neutral and braked when it was safe to do so. The car and I would have probably died if I needed to do any serious turning at that moment.