View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 12:07 AM
TMC4232
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "High Heat" light comes on

Ok, first post, but I did search discussions before asking. My 2006 Crossfire Coupe with 27K miles is virtually flawless, except for one issue that the seller told me about before I purchased and I was completely ok with it considering the immaculate condition and low mileage of this car. When the air conditioner is ON, after about 10 to 20 minutes I get a single "beep" sound and on the dash I get a "High heat" light. If I push in the cancel / reset stem, it goes away. After about 6 minutes with the air conditioner ON it beeps again with the High heat warning. And, if I wait another 6 or 8 minutes it does it again. The Temp Gauge remains in the middle zone and never goes higher, as in if there were a true high heat situation.

I ran the car for an hour on the freeway (outside air temperature was 90 degrees) with no air conditioner running and the beep never occurred, BUT, if I accelerate by pushing the pedal to the floor I get the same beep and High heat warning, OR if I hit the brakes hard as in a power stop I get the same been and High heat warning.

Anyone have a possible answer / fix for this? This is the ONLY issue I am having with this Crossfire.

Thanks!