View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 08:58 PM
harbor
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
My 2007 Coupe is in this Airbag Module Recall and it is frustrating that the time required to get parts & perform the repair is taking too long (from an owner's perspective). And we don't need Takata "going under" because of this recall (which I can foresee as a possibility) which might result in never getting the Airbag Module replaced. That could end up being a "buy back" offering from FCA and I doubt they could even handle that. And keep in mind, this probably came about because Takata submitted a bid for the Crossfire airbag business that was lower than the original supplier. So Daimler-Chrysler back then did this to lower manufacturing costs & increase profits. Didn't turn out as well as originally predicted. Ya think!

But I still drive the car around town on some errands during the week & just figure the odds of having an incident that would trigger the airbag is somewhat remote. And even if the airbag did deploy, there is no certainty that the catastrophic failure will occur in my car. I didn't put new tires on it, and started getting it ready to bleed the brake hydraulics with new SS brake lines, to have it just sit in my driveway/garage. It will probably take until sometime in 2017 for FCA to get around to fixing my car.

Concerned but still driving on a limited basis.
In June 2015, FCA announced they were using TRW Automotive to supply the recalled driver-side inflators, so no worries if Takata goes under.