View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 06:54 PM
dedwards0323
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
If I had one of these cars I would consider buying a bag from a wreck if I could.
I actually bought one from a parted out 2004 model. Only thing is the color is for the 2-tone gray interior rather than my Dark Slate Gray interior. Wondering whether I can do this DIY by disconnecting the battery negative cable (allowing sufficient time for everything to cycle), swap out the DS airbags & then reconnecting the negative cable. The actual task is relatively simple, but don't want that airbag warning light to be on. Don't remember if anyone identified whether the airbag warning light would still come on & require resetting by the dealer service dept. Think I will look around some tonight.

If so, I may go by the dealer I have confidence in here locally & talk to the Service Mgr about what I want to do. Maybe if I look forlorn because I can't drive my Crossfire without fear, he'll do it for minimal costs (labor only).And I don't want them filing a claim with FCA that the airbag module has been repaired in my car. This is only until the correct color airbag module is available. But this would get me back on the road with some confidence regarding the avoidance of a catastrophic failure with the DS airbag.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-07-2016 at 07:02 PM.