View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 04:24 AM
djohn14296
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I figured this was a good place to post some observations?
Just completed a 3000mile round trip from St. Cloud, FL. to Lockport, NY. (Niagara Falls area). I was nervous, to say the least. 11 year old car, just purchased in December of 2015. Had no idea what was done to it before my purchase(0nly 2 owners, 68,500 miles).
Of course after buying, sticky ignition, total replacement. And 2 cylinders rebuilt on the top.
2 months owning the car and into it for $1300. Took an extra CPS throw it in the console, loaded up(golf clubs front seat ). And away I went. drive 1242 miles, 19 hours and the car never missed a beat. Same on the way back, 20 hrs., a lot of road construction on the way back. Anyways here are my observations:
1. The Xfire is not a tour car. The seats are uncomfortable and it has no dead heat pedal. Doesn't ride well on bumpy road, pounds you to death.
2. The car is really squirrelly in a good rain storm. Even with track control. Now I also realize that the tires are probably dry road tires, they were on the car when bought and could probably lose some of that squirrelly-ness with a good set of dry/wet treaded tires.
3. never burned a drop of oil that I could see.
4. A really crappie radio, 1st thing on the to "do" list back here.
Please don't misunderstand me, I love my Xfire Roaster, except for the problem with the damn top, still not working. Got 27/mpg round trip and got a lot of "ahhhs", thumbs up, and great car comments. That makes it well worth the pain in the a** it can be at times.
A couple other observations: I saw a total of 3 other Xfires in my travel. 1 on I-26, between I-95 and I-77 just outside of Columbia, SC. Another black roaster, older couple driving it.
The 2nd one was in Newfane, NY(just outside of Lockport), pretty Crimson Red Roaster w/white interior. Driven bye a older lady. Saw it while gassing up, try to catch-up to her, but she just disappear?
And the 3rd was on the trip back on I-95 just north of the FL. border. We were both heading south and see-saw back and forth till we got to Jacksonville, FL., he head south towards the Beaches and I continue south. Grey Coupe single driver, appeared to be younger, late 20's?
So that is what I did with my Xfire. Time frame: July 13 to Aug. 1oth. I have more faith in my Xfire now.
So if any of you are the owners of the cars up above, a howdy hi.