Old 08-18-2016, 07:50 AM
dedwards0323
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Re: Refinishing a ding in the Windshield surround

Wonder if the Dr. Colorchip technique would work to fill the ding in the windshield surround trim. If the paint was applied using a small plastic squeegee to only fill the ding, then use the Dr. Colorchip solvent to remove any residual paint. Probably will take several attempts to build-up the paint in the ding; size of ding dictates that.

I've used a similar technique using a paint pen from Automotive Touchup and smoothing out the paint so it's doesn't look like a small drip. (Note: I filled a ding on the PS lower front fender that was similar in size to the ding in your windshield surround trim. And I was working on a vertical surface.) Then once it sets up for about 10-15 minutes, I used a polish to buff the spot and remove residual paint from the surface. This has always worked well for me on the car body. Never tried it on something like the windshield surround trim. Reason I used the paint pen was the ding I was attempting to fill was larger than the typical "road rash" Dr. Colorchip professes to be able to clear up. Might work.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-18-2016 at 07:53 AM.