Old 08-22-2016, 03:46 PM
Ogre_FL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello, Considering buying a Crossfire Roadster

Thanks for the reply.

I had read enough not to bring it in to the dealer.
If I get it, I will need to find an independent shop and hope they are willing to try the fix.

It is currently owned by an older woman, but she is not the original owner and had bought it a few years prior from a local dealership.
I don't believe she has driven it hard, but who knows.
I have not tried to get any reports on it, but I guess I should.

I have read enough to know general tire life is not the cars strong suit.
If as you say they cant be aligned (and I dont doubt she believes she had it aligned and may have paid for it) is cupping normal or is there a potential issue.
I know the Dragon, I ride motorcycles in the mountains often, this car would be so I can bring my wife
That said we just dont have curves here, so its not getting worn out from that.

It goes around corners fine (from one boring straight road to another) I guess I just expected more "feel" or feedback, it like the brakes just seemed a bit wooden.
For comparison I was also looking recently at a Mini Cooper Roadster that had LOTS of steering feel and felt like a big go cart with your hands connected to the front tires.

She is asking for more than 8K, that is just what I was thinking of offering due to the potential issues.
It may be a headache, that is what I am trying to determine and I greatly appreciate the input.

This sounds exactly like what I saw with the fan issue, but not sure what the fix was (or the cause):
Can you get the fan balanced, or do you have to replace it?
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...g-car-off.html

Last edited by Ogre_FL; 08-22-2016 at 04:44 PM.