View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 05:31 PM
onehundred80
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts
Default Re: Gutted Intake Elbow!!

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Oh how we forget so easily. I remember a new member back in 2009, when he suggested opening up the intake, and was repeatedly flamed. I also remember when a member chimed in and discovered a few HP and TQ numbers associated ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-2-m112-2.html , post 30 ) in the MAF descreening and elbow 'baffle' removal, that was offered as a question by that new member. Yes, that new member was me. Yes, a confirmed performance improvement did validate freeing up the N/A intake restrictions resulted in a slight measurable improvement. Every little bit helps, right?

Going to look for that post, hope I can find it (to reference here). Found AND updated.

I remember that but the increase will only be found at the top end of the performance and how often do we get there.
I would never take out the screen though as it is there and might stop a nut disappearing into the engine.
If it can happen then it will happen to someone sometime.

Same reason I would not use one of these new SC pulleys as they all will break sometime, as even the OEM ones will someday.