View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 06:50 PM
waldig
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking This stinks and maybe it will help you

My headliner started separating this week and its been inside it whole life.

My car smells like crayons and on the way to the range with the windows open on an 88 degree day it smelled strongly at ((((( 60 (((((( miles per hour??? How with the car stored with the windows down and at speed it smells?

Headliner estimates are $375, 275, and $150 if I pull and replace the headliner............. So I pulled it - easy peasy dude, 5 minutes. THe smell is the glue in the headliner.

stored the headliner in the house and yes its crayons..... thus the reason its been so elusive. Ive power washed the carpets and inter trunk panels to no benefit. Problem it seems was just ABOVE MY NOSE.

this explains it and why it was so strong at head level, never smelled the floor mats, TAAAAA DAAAAAA

Iam going to recover for about $60 by doing it my self, seen utube and got enough info to do it now that it is out. Ill let you know how it goes, going for dark seat color as the light color is a distraction when really driving like autocross. Floor is black and seats grey, so going grey with online supplier that sells ROLLED material and high temp glue spray.

Remove the visors and light (2 screws) and garage door buttons ( pull down ) and then one screws on the rear L and R plastic upright panels in the trunk. Pull the 2 front pillar and rear pillar plastics down. In the rear there are plastic " rivets" one per side 3" inside the rear pillar supports . Pop that out and down it goes, then passenger seat forward and down so that the liner comes out the passenger door. I had to fight it and rotated it 90 degrees. Enjoy and Ill let you now how the recovering goes.

WDY

Last edited by waldig; 09-12-2016 at 09:13 AM.