Old 09-22-2016, 04:15 PM
performanceisland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k mile

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Adding to Rpaczan's post, If I remember correctly, various states have their own requirements for titles that have some kind of 'emphasis' on them. A 'rebuilt' title in one state vs a 'rebuilt' title in another, have differing requirements (and I believe some states may not let you register it). Now, this all comes from a place deep in my mind that may be wrong (even though those deep places are more often right). If I was thinking of purchasing a car with a rebuilt title, I would check in-depth with both my current insurance company and current DMV. Future moves may or may not also come into play. An old saying 'caveat emptor' has a good application in this case (again, I believe it warrants mention and checking).
A rebuilt title vehicle CAN be registered in any state, a salvage title vehicle CANNOT be registered in any state. What changes dramatically from state to state is if you have a salvage title vehicle and want to turn it into a rebuilt title, that's where each state is different and has various rules and procedures and requirements for this process.

I am not sure if this is accurate as of today, but people that have purchased vehicles from me in the past with a rebuilt title have stated that they received a regular CLEAN title in the state of MICHIGAN, from what they said that state does not have a rebuilt designation, and it defaults to regular title. There used to be several states that did this in the past, and shady dealers would by cars with salvage titles from the auction and WASH them in other states without having to go through the rebuilding process, inspections, and other requirements, this supposedly has been eliminated.

In any case, you can see the title history of any vehicle by running a carfax.

Furthermore State Farm will loan money on, insure with full coverage or any coverage you want, and will value the vehicle the same as a non rebuilt equivalent, I know from experience, I had a vehicle claimed once that already had a rebuilt title, and they told me what they valued it at and there was no deduction for rebuilt, they did not even factor that in. Other insurance companies have varying policies, but it is not hard to insure or register a vehicle that has a rebuilt title. Unless you are on SR22 insurance through Eagle Man, in which case you shouldn't be driving a nice crossfire srt-6 anyway. LOL

In any case a buyer should check with their insurance company and their state DMV, it's a good idea to be familiar with your states rules and procedures.