View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 07:08 PM
kingtj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue *raising* and latching the top...

As I commented in another post, I had my original convertible top replaced last year with a better quality one. And I love it, except I have a couple of issues (one that happened BEFORE the top was replaced, and the other that's new since then).

First? I started having an issue where when I put the top back up, the rear window flips down and back into place, but gets stuck at the stage where the metal latch is trying to go all the way down into the slot underneath the middle of the window. If I reach my hand back there and push down on it a bit to assist it in latching, then it clicks into place like normal and the top closes the rest of the way. At first, this only happened occasionally but it got to where it does it every single time.

I already tried lubricating the latch mechanism but that didn't help. Just recently, another Crossfire owner advised me she had the exact same problem and it turned out her hydraulic fluid was low. I had my car due to go into a German automotive shop anyway for an oil change and other misc work so I asked them to check that for me. They determined the reservoir was full and found no fluid leaks.

And second? Since getting the new top, it seems like I have a new issue where when top is almost all the way closed, the front portion with the handle you grab and turn to lock/unlock it often falls down flat on its own, instead of staying in that partially raised (at about a 45 degree angle?) position. If it falls down like that, the top immediately stops closing and it beeps at me, with a light flashing on the open/close button. I have to push it back up again and proceed to press the button to complete the process of closing the top the last bit of the way, so I can then pull that front part back down flat and latch it shut. Is there any easy way to adjust something to correct that, or is that just something I have to live with (keeping a hand on that part to ensure it doesn't fall down when it's not supposed to while closing the top)?