Thread: low boost issue
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 04:52 AM
No2fast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: low bosst issue

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I must be a little dumb on this matter, can you explain how the SC moves more air at a lower pressure.
its my understanding that the airflow is restricted due to the stock wye after the stock intercooler and the fact that a single cylinderbank gets air only from a single source after the wye. when crossconnecting the intake manifolds you probabely get 30-50 procent more airflow because the cylinderbank gets air from both sources. so running the air through both sources means removing a restriction which results in a pressure drop.

sorry that my english isn`t better

I like the idea of a crossover intake pipe. We all know exhaust crossovers balancing V8/V6 engines exhaust pulses. The intake side may benfit from a crossover as well: a blower is nothing else than an air pump and pumps out the air in pulses. Seems to work on woody`s engine (2 psi pressure drop).

i will try to crossconnect the stock intakes on my slk32 and get rid of the stock wye section. i am pretty sure a single 50 mm crossover pipe will work fine for me. Aiming for cooler air as well btw

Steven

Berlin Germany

Attached Images
File Type: png
IMG_1835 (1).PNG (973.3 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by No2fast; 10-03-2016 at 07:02 AM.