Thread: 3:46 gear is in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 04:10 PM
oledoc2u
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: 3:46 gear is in

You are missing something billybob..... I would love to race your slk.... lol....

OK, I will add my thoughts at this point to this old post. I wasn't able to run the drag radials, as I haven't had them on in 3 yrs. I just didn't trust them at this point. So, I put the roadster dunlops on the coupe and roasted those for 7 passes. And that is all I did. Launch easy, launch hard, it didn't matter. I even did a dreaded roll start, and went sideways in a hurry. Now the car launches fine, but spinning in 1, then 2, finally catching in 3, playing catch up, having a "delayed", yes delayed, 4th gear shift, and then a slow steady pull to 5000 rpm and you are at a ridiculous 135.2977 mph. So, yes, this weekend sucked big time. Now, we aren't done, as remember, I want a 1/4 mile car, not a 1/2 mile car. I will figure this out, but holding any judgement until I can test at the drag strip hopefully this week, with the drag radials on. I had some impressive burnouts, but that doesn't make you quick.

Now for the half mile event. It is literal filled with highly ($$$$) modified cars just for that event. Certainly no stock cars there. Even the ones I might have a little chance at running with were modified to some aspect. A lambo went 216. Still had fun...but back to the drawing board.

Last edited by oledoc2u; 10-16-2016 at 12:57 PM.