View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 05:05 AM
cga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High RPM bucking, hesitation

I've searched for any previous posts regarding my problem, but could not find any. If this has already been covered, I apologize, and ask that I be pointed in the right direction.

I have 2004 Crossfire with the standard V6 with only 13,000 legitimate miles on it. As far as I can tell nothing had been done to it: no repairs or tune up. I realize a tune up should not be required at this low mileage, but I had the plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, coolant, cabin filter, and oil/filter replaced by a very reputable repair shop, by a mechanic with experience working on Crossfires.

It runs very well now (always did), gets very good mileage (premium of course), and always starts right up. No problems at all, except sometimes, about every fourth or fifth time, when I accelerate hard it bucks badly at high RPM, about 4,000-5,000 RPM for a split second. It's not just a hesitation, but feels like the engine completely cuts out. Other than this, it runs very smoothly. It's always parked in my garage when not driven and does not exhibit any drivability issues other than what I've described.

I put it a can of Seafoam and filled the tank, and am was hoping it's just the Seafoam cleaning out the accumulated gunk built up in the engine, since this car has spent most of its life sitting around, and I admittedly drive it very carefully. But I've put about 150 miles on this tank full so I don't believe it's the Seafoam doing its thing any longer. I'm thinking it may be the fuel pump.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.