Old 11-05-2016, 09:43 PM
RoadsterBabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Issue with key FOB not unlocking car and car not starting. Alarm keeps going off

PROBLEM SOLVED! Found the below post in July 2009 from GA Crossfire and surprise the key fobs and car starts now!
"Great news....disconnecting the battery, even though the alarm is loud enough to wake the dead, does work. Just have to remember to keep a #10 size wrench with me if it happens again. For anyone else if this happens to you: 1. when remote keyless entry will NOT unlock car, replacing the batteries in the keyless entry is useless when both remotes do not work. 2. unlock door with the key (alarm will sound) 3. VERY IMPORTANT... DO NOT PUT KEY IN THE IGNITION. This will lock down the wheel, engine, glove box, trunk, etc and alarm still sounds 4. Open the and disconnect the cable. 5. I left disconnected for about 30 - 60 seconds 6. reconnect 7. use keyless entry remote to unlock the car. If this works (and mine did) the alarm will be deactivated and the car will start. called the dealership to inquire if the engine battery should be replaced and was this a possible cause... they could not say yes or no. I did not replace the engine battery when this occurred 10 months ago and have not had a problem until yesterday. Until the battery is replaced, I will carry the #10 wrench with me in the drivers door pocket"

Last edited by RoadsterBabe; 11-05-2016 at 10:30 PM. Reason: update