View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 08:19 PM
MStrong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Reliablity With High Mileage

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Usually, yes.
Cold air has a higher density than hot air, thus more air in each intake stroke, more power.
Admittedly not a whole lot, but every bit helps.
The OEM intake on the SRT6 and NA models has two tubes that run to the front and pull air from in front of the radiator.
The NeedsWings single and dual CAI's do the same, the difference is better flow characteristics.
You do understand that the SRT6, although old by modern day standards is still a high performance platform capable of beating 90% of the new Camero's and Mustangs right ?
It is not to be trifled with, at age 18 you should take caution, it is a very good handling car with excellent brakes, but that doesn't prevent stupid drivers from pulling out in front of you !!
It is also NOT a good snow car, best leave it at home.
Alright, if I do end up with a SRT6 I would plan on doing some things to it anyway, pulley, intake, etc., just not sure how soon after buying it.

And yes I definitely understand it's got great performance for it's age. On the subject of snow I live in East Texas and get snow MAYBE once a year, and it's barely even snow at that.