View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 11:31 PM
musicnsurf
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Celebrity Deaths

Originally Posted by VALK

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from RON ONESTI , PRESIDENT & CEO of THE ARCADA THEATRE in ST.CHARLES, ILLINOIS:

As the Rock world mourns the deaths of Emerson, Lake & Palmer legends Greg Lake, who passed away from cancer yesterday, and Keith Emerson, who passed away last March, the remaining member of the band, drummer Carl Palmer has announced a very special show saluting the legacy of Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
It is a full band show with a special tribute to his fellow band-mate brothers.
Emerson, Lake Palmer is one of the most successful Progressive Rock bands of the 1970s, making the hook "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside" one of the most famous rock lyrics in history.

This special show will take place at The Arcada Theatre in St. Charles on Saturday June 3, 2017 at 8PM

Carl Palmer's amazing drum solo at Arcada Theater back on April 20th, 2013

https://youtu.be/PQssthhy0vk
Hey Valk thanks for the update. I never saw ELP but had many of their albums. Saw Carl when he was with Asia. Killer show when John Wetton was still with them. I'm a singer, songwriter, bass player like Greg (play a Jazz bass like Greg, too). Actually I think Greg's finest moments were with King Crimson. And right up with that would be "The Sage" from Pictures at an Exhibition." We've lost some truly formidable singer, bass players with Jack Bruce and Chris Squire's passing. Now Greg.