View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 AM
BlackCrossFire6spd
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help accessing speaker

To get to the speaker, you need to remove the door panel. I think you have to remove the speaker grille from behind the panel if i remember correctly. To remove the door panel, you have to remove the metal plate in the corner of the door using a very, very small torx bit. next, split the door handle in half where the line is using a plastic wedge on the bottom in the middle, this reveals 2 screws. then remove the SRS cover to reveal another screw. that should be all you need to do to get the panel off. Using a panel puller (local auto parts store) pry the lower corner from the door. You will hear a series of loud pops as the panel clips detach from the door. Once the lower section is free, lift upward, remove the door handle cable, disconnect all harnesses and you are good to go. Put it back on in the reverse order. Before you do all of this, I would try to figure out exactly what is making the noise. put pressure on the panel around and on the areas making noise, and if it continues to rattle, than I would say its time for new speakers.