View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 01:42 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start, please help

Originally Posted by Marc Matherne
I finally figured out my issue with the car not starting with the help of Rob the owner of Needswings on the Internet phone number 1-586-531-1413 10am-5pm EST Sales@needswings.com NeedsWings Performance Products The problem was the result of changing my key fob shell to a new shell. The transmitter still worked to unlock the car but caused the car to start for 2 seconds then dies. Nothing happens the next attempts which is a no start problem.

After trying everything as mentioned in original post, I decided to order a new key. I read from someone else's post that they used Needswings and we're happy. Turns out they have the best price $159 plus shipping and only took a week to get my key. I think they have express options to get a key within a few days. Rob said they can get anything for a Crossfire, just give them a call.

The new key worked the first turn of the key. Old key still opens doors but won't start the car.

I hope this helps others because I had a car that didn't run for weeks trying to figure it out. The only dealership in the area with a trained technician couldn't even look at it for 2 months. Rob suggested going to a certified Mercedes shop privately owned rather than a dealership. I have heard Mercedes dealerships don't like Crossfires and Chrysler dealerships don't have technicians trained on the cars. Bought myself a manual and started reading along with joining forum, watching YouTube videos and searching Google to try and fix the problem myself. Rob at Needswings was certain it was my key and he was right.

This has been covered many times in the forum. Glad you figured it out and got your second key! Just in case you didn't quite understand what exactly happened, there is a TINY microchip glued into the OEM cases that interacts with the 'antenna' ring (inductive coupled) that when the 'head' of the key inside the 'antenna' it feeds back into the SKREEM module telling it to allow the car to start the ignition/run process. When you transferred the guts of the broken key into the new body, you didn't know or see that extra chip in the original key FOB (or you did transfer it and it got damaged). IF you still have that old case, you might be able to carefully remove it (That TINY microchip) and install it in the same location in the new case you originally bought, that should make that 'repaired' key fully functional/useable. Let us know if you still have that old key case, and if you can SAFELY get that microchip out of it. If you have it you can have a third key FOB (remember carefully remove that chip, if you damage it it will not work in the new case).