Thread: LED vs HID
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 05:21 PM
onehundred80
Received 571 Likes on 478 Posts
Default Re: LED vs HID

Originally Posted by Lurkin
I have LEDs in mine, easy to install and I haven't had a problem yet with the housing. I've never got into HIDs because I read online and talked with people that had them, they say they got so hot they melted their headlamps. And when I read online and spoke with people about LEDs they said they run cooler, and emit more focused light.

The best I can think of, is put what you want in it. Everyone's going to have mixed feelings about them. And when it comes to the law, there are so many different modifications made to cars that are illegal, you just got to pick your battles.

Mike
Another thread somewhere here and seen lately put LEDs at the bottom of the list for light output. It had a comparison between Halogen, HID and LED, the HID was top and the LEDs were bottom, so your post seems out of sync with others and goes against all that comes in the previous posts in this thread. The basic premise that the light source should be at the focal point of a parabolic lens is not met when you have the LEDs offset on the four sides of the bulb center post. At least the filaments of the HIDs and Halogens are on the center line if not all totally at the focal point.
I guess having paid for the bulbs one has to put a positive spin on the result of the cash outlay. Does the car seem faster?
Just kidding.