View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 09:42 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Yes, but Thursday is go home day for me and they didn't have any new or used tires in stock in a 235 or 225.
after being gone from wife and kids for a few days I am not going to spend another night in a hotel if I don't have to.

I really need to figure out why they are wearing that bad.
Going home has to be a top priority.
I purchased my car and the tire wear was bad both front and back, the fronts had a saw toothed pattern on the outside and the rears were badly worn on the inside. The noise was terrible at highway speeds.
I went for new tires all around and an immediate alignment. The dealer could not do the alignment and I finally found a guy who said they could do it. An hour later the guy said they had done the front but could not do the rear, sorry about that but we will not charge you. Fair enough I thought and kept an eye on the rear for wear, five years later the tires still look good, more inside wear (-.035 average) not too much at all. The fronts look real good, -.020 average outside edge.
I do not flog the car and the tires have only done 13,000 miles but I am happy.

My thought is that they did some adjustment to the rear but could not do it all, they never said.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-21-2017 at 10:07 AM.