View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Robert Andrew
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Traction Control

I ran my bone stock SRT6 in the Lake Garnett Grand Prix in September, with street tires, and started 9th. out of 38 cars in my class, and finished 3rd., behind a fully race prepped Lotus Exige, and a new Z06 Corvette. I could pull the Lotus in the fast sections of the track, but couldn't corner with him on street tires. I knew that the Crossfire was capable of being very competitive.

I bought JesseJames' old car from Shawn Queeny, and I'm building the roll cage and getting the safety gear installed. I'll have it ready to sort out in March at Bowling Green on the National Corvette Museum track, if I can figure out the engine problem. I can tell enough about it from the hit and miss that it's brutally fast when the light comes on. I've been trying to find a road racer so I can pick his brain.

I used to drag race. I drove a 64 Plymouth Belvedere, 426 Stage III max wedge on my honeymoon, and the ran a 68 Z28 very competitively in 69 and 70. I then realized I needed a rich daddy to play that game, and kids came along. I raced motocross very competitively with two factory sponsorship for three years, and then went back to school. Road racing is my last big hurrah, or at least a bucket list thing. I hope I have enough fire in my old carcass to be competitive. I don't like losing.

Thanks again for all of your help.

I'll contact velociabstract and pick his brain, and hopefully, I can show some Corvettes what the back of an SRT6 looks like.

Velociabstract is the guy you need to pick his brain... He has done just about everything to his for road racing...[/QUOTE]