Thread: Sticky ignition
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 03:26 AM
Whitcat9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sticky ignition

Had a friend come by today to help. At the conclusion we established the ignition switch- o.k., lock cylinder housing- o.k. Ignition harness- o.k., SKREEM- o.k., antenna ring- o.k. Fuses- o.k. How do I know?, connected everything EXCEPT the key/ tumbler. Set antennae ring in ashtray then rested key inside of ring, took screw driver and turned the cylinder housing. Car started right up! No problem. BUT... WHEN PUTTING THE TUMBLER BACK IN CYLINDER ( CORRECTLY ) as well as black locking cap and antenna ring ( sits at 12 o' clock ) no pinched wires,turn key to position "1" everything fine, turn to "2", start, nothing, same as before. Can't figure out what's wrong with tumbler. At least I did process of elimination and narrowed it down. I guess I just figured out how to hot wire a car!! It sure was nice to hear car start up I love the sound, sure did miss it! Will go to dealership this week with tumbler/key and see about new one. Do you guys recommend Mercedes dealer or Chrysler? By the sounds of a lot of posts I have read lately it seems Mercedes came up on top. Anyone agree??