Thread: Sticky ignition
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 11:27 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Sticky ignition

Originally Posted by Whitcat9
When I say antenna ring I'm referring to halo ring that snaps over key tumbler/black cylinder lock. Where wire is attached it should sit on flat part at (12 o'clock).
New tumbler means new key, new key is probably just a plain key, halo has to hang loose with chip or fob taped to it. New key will not open drivers door, so spare key required. Cheapest from a Mercedes dealer if you can get them to sell to you.
Of course you could get the whole thing from a Chrysler dealer, new ignition assembly, new fob and god knows what else. Probably cost $2,000 if they do the work. Can they supply a whole kit that matches your key? Probably not as they will want to make as much as possible.
My suggestion is fix what you have, lf you did not play with the tumbler you must be repeating the same mistake all the time.
I think the tumbler is upside down, or the key is not in position one when you put it in.
When you have it together do you have an accessory position? That is one position to the left.
When you have the tumbler in your hand, does it look like it aligns with the slot in the switch?