View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 10:05 PM
king happy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anti rust additive instead of antifreeze

woody,
I looked at some of your previous articles on the subject and saw that you use a lower psi radiator cap . What psi did you go with ?
in a lower pressure system I can see the need to have to use some coolant to raise your boiling point . I do like the fact that you only used 30% coolant concentration to still get the raised boiling point but the 70% water to get better heat transfer .

But in my case at this point i'm sticking with a stock (16psi) cap . with water having a 212 degree boiling point and every psi raising boiling point 3 degrees , a stock system , water only srt6 would have a boiling point of 260 degrees . that would be plenty high enough to avoid problems .

talked with one of the techs @ dei and he states that there additive product passed the same anti corrosion test as coolant (water wetter also makes the same claim)

so since in our climate we don't EVER worry about freezing issues , water transfers heat better then coolant and products like water wetter well provide all the rust and corrosion protection . why wouldn't I want to do this ?

thanks,

mike