View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 01:12 PM
DTMenace
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Re: Newbie Registration of your SRT6 VIN#

Originally Posted by sshistand@fuse.net
My SRT6 is vin 6X064173 2006 and it has the SRT6 slant letters on both front fenders as well as the trunk lid. The letters on the seats are straight like 2005 as well as the Tack letters.
This may be due to the fact that is one of the first 2006s made and they use the left over seats and tach? I do not know.
sshistand
The 2006 SRT6's imported to the USA had all of the 2005 emblems on the car, seats, dash and the one SRT6 badge on the rear deck lid, for what ever reason. Chrysler had intended for the USA customers.
Those sold in all other countries, having the slanted, larger emblems on the front fenders above the strakes only, no rear emblem. The interior had the slanted emblem on the tachometer and seats. This signage was in the same font as the SRT8's and SRT10's (RAM trucks).
A previous owner of your car applied the new SRT6 slanted emblems to the fenders, as well as the rear deck, to ID it as a 2006 model SRT6. It was their way of proving it was a 2006.
I hope this clears up the confusion Chrysler created in their production and distribution of the SRT6.
Enjoy your car....
Dennis
DTMenace