View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 PM
king happy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $8 silicone hose upgrade

Had a problem with super high iat's . Did the clamp the ic return hose to purge air but no help . Then put on a clear bypass hose from the metal tube into the overflow and nothing . There was no power going to pump so did the always on ic pump mod and tried clear hose again . This time success , but I was surprised to see the air bubbles going thru . So decided that I wanted a permanent way to always make sure fluid was flowing and that all air was out .

Found an 8mm high pressure silicone hose and replaced the rubber hose ( it had the isolation kit but for now I didn't put the top valve back on , more later)

ihe hose is rated to 350 degrees about 3 times what it well ever see , and is thick walled so can easily handle the 16 psi it well see.

now at anytime you can just squeeze the return hose with your fingers and SEE the fluid ( and air if any) bypass to your overflow .

got a foot of it on ebay . this is hps clear silicone hose 8mm (5/16) it is made for this type of application . $8.36 delivered .

p.s. ebay has cheaper versions but they are thin walled and may not handle the heat/pressure .

also looks really cool !
silicone%20hose.jpg