Old 02-09-2017, 03:42 AM
djohn14296
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: About to purchase a Crossfire what did you pay?

Originally Posted by jt2005crossfire
I'm considering buying a 2005 crossfire coupe . Its in Great shape, has a good car-fax report no accidents.Has about 60k miles automatic transmission and everything seems to work as it should.It is a Probably garaged about 2/3 of the time. After negotiating with the owner ( for quite some time)the lowest he will go is $6500. this puts it around the high end of buying from a private seller (KBB). The few time I have bought a car I try to get in the middle of trade in value and private seller value. It seems the prices for Crossfire are all over the place on the internet and it is difficult to determine an average selling price . for anyone who has recently bought or sold a Crossfire does this price sound in line?
JT, They are all over the place on prices for a couple of reasons, in my opinion:
1. It is what the seller honestly believes what it is worth to him and what shape it is in. Low mileage counts, as does required maintenance.
2. It is whatever the buyer is willing to pay, worth to the buyer. You can always walk away. But my feeling is, they are probably not going to get cheaper.
You should be fairly mechanically apt and handy with tools. I bought mine and it has cost me some additional cost, but I've learn and the guys on this list are super, with knowledge, advice, how-to-articles, in most cases with pictures. And most of my additional cost were normal wear and tear things. If you are not handy with mechanical things, then I would stay away from it. If you take it to a dealer, be ready for price shock, ask me how I know? But I have a love/hate relationship with my car. But not looking to sell it in the near future. I have a Roaster and live in Fla. Every chance top down and motoring some where. Good luck on your choice, to buy or pass.