View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 11:24 AM
AZ Outlaws
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Japanese Cars... Why the Bias???

I'm curious as to why there is so much bias towards Japanese cars on this forum???

Someone Wrote: "...This is the kind of car I see never getting rid of, when the engine gets tired in........oh...say.....8 years or so I think I could just rebuild it and install that supercharger and start all over"

My Reply: I agree it's a long term keeper and I'm not trying to stir up the pot here, but...

I know most folks on this forum don't hold Japanese cars in high esteem (don't know why... IMO they are well built daily drivers for the masses) but come on... a tired engine in 8 years or so??? That doesn't say much for German automotive engineering and reliability!!! My wifes's daily driver is a 10 year old '94 Honda Civic SI with 130k miles and going strong. We're "easily" expecting at least another 100-125k miles out of it.

Check out reliabilty ratings and used car values for Nissan, Toyota and Honda against Ford, GM and Chrysler.

Then again a tired engine would justify a rebuild with a supercharger, maybe, just maybe my "Commander-In-Chief" would fall for that one..."

Comments and opinions welcome....