Thread: Ignition Wiring
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 12:14 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Ignition Wiring

Originally Posted by jhansen
I know in an earlier post I said the total cost was around $100. At the time I used a cheap $50 kit from Amazon. When I received the kit, I found out that it had terrible quality components. The wires weren't very thick, and felt cheap. The relays didn't seem like they were good quality either. Finally, the push to start button felt cheap and plastic-y, which was very disappointing because the entire point of the project was to make it look OEM! After deciding I did not trust the $50 kit to start my Crossfire, I found Advanced Keys kit and installed it. Although their kit is more expensive, you get what you pay for. The instructions are easy to follow (and written in English), all the components are high quality and feel high end, their support team is great, and arguably most important, the push to start button looks, performs, and feels OEM! For anyone that is going to attempt this, DO NOT buy some cheap kit like I did from ebay or Amazon. We like to take care of our cars the best we can so why cheap out on an ignition system like I did originally, when you can buy a high quality, reliable kit?
I am not knowledgable in this system, if the chip is permanently in the ignition does that mean that you can jump in the car and drive it away?
What keeps the car safe from this, some other security feature?
I saw something about a card, is this the security?