Old 02-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Big Daddy
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2017 Calendar of events for the OCO Ontario Crossfire Owners

Greetings OCO members

Gayle and I thank you all for your amazing support in 2016 where we had close to 20 amazing events last year. We hope to create just as many this year but with even more participants. Our goal is to have FUN FUN and more FUN. We have already received a few suggestions for cruises and gatherings for the "2017 calendar of events" and would love to hear your suggestions. There are so many beautiful place in our amazing provinces (Ontario & Quebec) that you should consider creating a cruise (day or weekend) in your area, as the saying goes if you create it they will come! The more events we have all over the province the more opportunities our members and friends will be able to attend our social events. Creating an event is simple and fun. You just need to find some fun destination and or venues to visit, make the proper reservations including restaurants, asking a local hotel for a discounted group rate (some may be traveling far and may require a hotel) and then do a dry run to test and record the required driving time with the proper breaks included. Please note we have our very own Ontario Crossfire Owner's Facebook page as well as our own Club jackets and T-shirts, baseball hats and customized club business cards with a photo of your crossfire on one side. Send me your ideas for an event with dates and location and duration and i will add them to the list below. Nothing says we can’t have 2 events on the same day. People will choose based on geographical and time constraints. Some of these events can be far from your area example Tail of the Dragon is in North Carolina USA and the Woodward Dream Cruise is in Detroit. If you do plan to attend a USA event, MAKE SURE to check your passport's date of expiration as the US will not let you in if your passport is within 6 months of expiring therefore you should renew asap.

Here is the preliminary calendar. For more detailed info please contact the “Captain” of the evens and please CC me as well.

1- April 29-30 Paul's Spring tech day Ottawa, we work on our cars and share hints and tips and how to in preparation of this year's driving season (RSVP to Paul)
2- May 27 Prince Edward County Wine tour Brighton Hotel and Park Model Resort RSVP Sandra
3- May 27-28 Regional Autoslalom event at the Picton Airfield RSVP Roger Curtis
3- Annual John McGavin cruise To Be Determined
4- June 03-04 Fleetwood Country Cruize-in London Ontario Steve Plunkett's Fleetwood Country Cruize In
5- June 23-24-25 Northern Tour "Two-er du Nord" from Callander to the shore of Lake Nipissing, Georgian Bay, French River back to North Bay for a BBQ at the Cooke's on Trout lake, Next day explore the Temiscaming and Ottawa River to Mattawa... RSVP Terry Cooke, see attached file for a more detailed itinerary RSVP Terry Cooke
6- July 08 Norm BBQ Whitby Ontario RSVP Norm
7- July 09 Merrickville Car show Merrickville Car Show "Cruise & Shop" - Home RSVP Paul
8- Aug 19 Woodward Dream Cruise Detroit USA World’s largest gathering of cool cars http://woodwarddreamcruise.com
9- Sept 30 THOUSAND ISLAND AND BOLTD CASTLE TOUR BOATHOUSE COUNTRY INN: ROCKPORT, ONTARIO RSVP Sandra Greg
10- Oct 05-08 Annual Tail of The Dragon USA, This is one of those "bucket List" must do event, an adventure you will cherish forever RSVP Paul
11- Oct 14-15 Annual Fall color changes in the beautiful and majestic Mont Tremblant, Quebec. RSVP Paul
12- Oct 28-29 Paul's Fall tech day RSVP Paul
13- Dec 31 Paul & Gayle's annual New Year's Eve party Ottawa RSVP Paul

As always please RSVP early with the person who will oversee the event (Captain) and CC me please.

Captain Norm Allaire = normallaire@hotmail.com
Captain Sandra Greg = sandragregg125@gmail.com
Captain Terry Cook = tntcooke.terry@gmail.com
Captain Paul Diguer = pauldiguerjr@rogers.com
Captain Roger Curtis = curtisr57@gmail.com

We look forward to rekindling our friendships after this long winter and REMEMBER send me your ideas for an event you would like to create. Let's make this 2017 Crossfire social event our best one and most active one to date.

Warmest regards (hint to Mother Nature)
Paul & Gayle

Last edited by Big Daddy; 03-05-2017 at 02:08 PM.