View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:42 PM
BobG
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: pyle rear speakers

Originally Posted by blackpepper
The tight fit was that I couldn't put all four screws to secure the speakers in the basket only three speaker is a little large but it fits far as wires pos to pos neg to neg ,a 2 ohm amp will push 4 ohm speakers you just won't get the most out of it ,I am going to remove a speaker an try to post some pics wish me luck on that
Hi blackpepper,

This morning I finally got around to removing the OEM subwoofers with the intent to replace them with two new Pyle PLPW6D 6" 600 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofers. Old speakers are out, but am puzzled about how to finish the replacement.

A few questions for you:

1) Since you didn't cut the basket: did you mount each Pyle at an angle with only one of the three screw mounts flush against the basket? Did you use longer screws for the other two? Spacers?

2) Wiring question 1: Which two of the four wires in the basket did you attach to the Pyle?

3) Wiring question 2: Why did you not wire + to + and - to - on each Pyle? Would it not be sound better to use both voice coils?

Thanks

FYI The Pyle PLPW6D box states that the speaker comes with "Spring Loaded Push Down Speaker Terminals" but mine came with male spade terminals.