View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 04:39 PM
BobG
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: pyle rear speakers

Yep, the video is great, but doesn't answer all the questions. Perhaps the second part would have, but it was never posted.

Attached is my detailed description subwoofer wiring, which includes the wiring all the way to the speaker terminals. (Consider it a draft for the moment.)

Note: The OEM Infinity speakers are said to be dual coil 2 ohm. However, using a DMM I got readings of 3 ohms across each pair of terminals on one of the speakers. Still need to check the other.

So, how then to connect the Pyles?

There are four wiring options for the dual voice coil Pyles:
  1. Single: Drive only one voice coil (speaker load = 4 ohms)
  2. Parallel: Drive both voice coils in parallel (speaker load = 2 ohms)
  3. Series: Drive both voice coils in series (speaker load = 8 ohms)
  4. Independent: Drive voice coils independently (2 speaker loads, each = 4 ohms)

Despite the weird labeling of pins 3 and 4 on the wiring harness, I assume that the OEM speaker wiring was independent, with each speaker load at 2 ohms.

As for me: My plan is to drive the Pyles in parallel.

Mounting. The Pyles don’t fit in the baskets. I am not comfortable mounting them at an angle with fewer than four screws. It might be possible to find spacers and longer screws so that the speakers could be mounted parallel to the shrouds, but it would be time consuming to find or fabricate the spacers. Also, there is the risk of not finding a workable solution. That leaves the option of cutting the baskets. My belief is that the fit problem is due to the wider diameter of the Pyle’s magnet and that a single V-cut in the speaker shroud will allow proper mounting. I don’t think that the depth of the speaker will be a problem, but cannot confirm until I do the cut(s).

My plan is mount and connect the Pyles over the weekend and will report back afterward.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CrossfireSubwooferWiring.pdf (35.9 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by BobG; 03-22-2017 at 04:43 PM.