Old 04-17-2017, 11:12 AM
ewaynec
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is an attempt to clear up controversy

A couple of years ago I called the lodge at Fontana to make reservations, the lady said all the rooms were booked. I left a message here saying that. Gary said he would contact them and find me a room, I said no thanks, because I had decided not to go anyway.
Mark then jumped into the conversation and criticized me for attacking Gary. Gary offered to help and I said no thanks. That should have been the end of it. Mark would not let it go, and demanded I apologize. I said no apology was necessary, end of story.
A new thread, honoring Fontana Lodge for their outstanding Facilities and Service, was posted. I commented the reason I don't go there anymore is because of the facilities and service. Mark then as usual jumped in with his wrong ideas about what happened. He dose not know any of the facts so he decided to attack me personally. Here is his latest comment, when I was asked what happened.

"What happened is that Wayne is a screwball.

Wayne, why the HELL did you start this again? So some desk clerk could not figure out how to find the Crossfires' contract in the computer - both Gary and I talked to Marie about that and she did all she could to get the person up to speed.

But that was not good enough for you, you took a shot at Gary and THAT pissed me off. I was over it until I saw your asinine post. "
I would have responded there except the thread was closed.
The reason I don't come to the Dragon meets has nothing to do with the organizers. I and my wife do not like the rooms, they are not designed for comfort or utility, the beds are uncomfortable. The food is not very good and the choices are few, but it is a long way to get to another place. There is hardly no phone service. This is some of the reasons. Everyone I talked to there said the same things.
I am trying to do three things here, One is to say why I do not think Fontana Lodge should get an award, and two, to say Mark does not know what he is talking about, and I am due an apology. Three, when this came up a couple of years ago, and today in the thread referenced above, the administrators of this board, deleted my messages, and the most recent one was closed before I could comment. I am made to look like the bad guy here, but I am the one being attacked without an opportunity to defend myself.
I will be at Eureka Springs in June, if anyone would like, we can discuss this then.
Wayne