View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 PM
elbailey23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS light on after Takata airbag recall

So here is a quick summary of my story and now problem
- Bought the car last May w/ 62K miles. 2007 Coupe w/ 6 speed. Have not had any issues
- Takata airbag recalled shortly after buying it, no airbags available.
- Chrysler sent notice in mail in Feb so I setup appointment to have it swapped
- Swapped in 1 day and I picked it up and everything seemed fine
- Approximately 2 weeks go by (car driven maybe 40-50 miles) and SRS light comes on
- Kind of forgot about it and didn't call dealership back for a month, they said to bring it back in
- At dropoff they informed me if not related to recall or workmanship, they would charge $99 diag fee. I thought ok, but you guys were just working in the system.
- At dropoff also asked them to do my state inspection but he wasn't sure they could w/ SRS light on
- Later that day they informed me they didn't have the right SRS scan tool and would have to get one from another source
- 2 days go by, no contact
- 3rd day, dealership calls and says they couldn't pinpoint the issue and that scanner was not getting "good voltage in the SRS wiring" Stated they needed $688 to diag wiring further
- Told them no I would figure it out on my own and asked about the state inspection. The service writer said he forgot about it but asked someone while I was on the phone and said due to SRS light on, they couldn't do the inspection.
- Picked up the car the next day... Service department couldn't find keys or car for 30 minutes. Finally found it
- When I got in, realized 58 miles had been put on my car and the Mileage out was 27 miles less than it had.
- Asked the service writer why it was driven 58 miles, he did not know but initialed and wrote the correct mileage on my ticket
- Called the service manager and asked why they drove my car, she checked with the shop foreman and then said they had to for the state inspection to clear the "monitors"
- I advised them that the state inspection wasn't even done and that no check engine light was on, so there would not be any "monitors" or sensors to clear
- They did not have an answer and are still researching.

So in summary, I now have non functional airbags, I cannot confirm they even did a check on SRS system (I'm starting to believe they didn't). And it is looking more and more likely that they went joy riding in my car over 3 days while they were NOT looking into it!

Any recommendations? I'm worried that A)They damaged the clock spring or wiring if they didn't install new bag correctly or B) There is an issue with the new airbag communicating with control module and Chrysler nor Takata will want to investigate or admit responsibility

Any help would be appreciated