Old 04-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Re: This is an attempt to clear up controversy

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Wayne, we did not award THE LODGE, we awarded the PEOPLE at the lodge. How can you not see this? Look at the THREAD TITLE:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post885086
Seems pretty simple to me, even without reading the actual thread. This was Dee's idea but all of us supported it - the lodge staff are FAMILY to many/most of us.

Are the beds horrible? You bet they are. I stayed at the Homewood Suites last week (in Leesburg VA), a Hilton property. The bed was as bad as Fontana - it's an industry policy to provide WalMart quality mattresses and I don't get it, either. (Of course, I have a sleep number bed at home, so there is NO making me happy.) I actually, FINALLY asked someone - the general manager of the Homewood about this. "Why does a HILTON property provide such a mattress?" She tried the old "Market research" line with me. But since we went all week with ****-warm water (I'm not exaggerating, they had a gas regulator that, apparently, you just cant find replacements for) I didn't let her off the hook. She eventually admitted that it was all economics - the cheap hard mattresses last a lot longer than anything plush, pillow-top or comfortable.

Is the phone service poor?
Sure is - it's a rural area. The cost of a cell site starts around $200,000 and can run a lot higher - no cell company is going to spend that money in such a sparely populated area. The Lodge actually spends their OWN money to provide a micro-cell - this had to have cost them several thousand dollars to install and also costs them monthly fees - with no way to recoup the cost other than a "resort fee" that no one wants to pay. They can't win.

AND, you left something out above, way back in that thread you made a statement about "the organizers" (back then, there was one: Gary - We now have committees that plan these events, but back then, it was just Gary). You laid blame on Gary and I took offense with that. I'd have been less offended if you took a shot at me. My defense of Gary stands.

Mark,,,;
Absolutely on the mark about Gary. he has been the heart and glue of this crowd for along time.

Three thumbs up on that post!

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.