Old 04-21-2017, 05:15 PM
onehundred80
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: This is an attempt to clear up controversy

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Wayne, we did not award THE LODGE, we awarded the PEOPLE at the lodge. How can you not see this? Look at the THREAD TITLE:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post885086
Seems pretty simple to me, even without reading the actual thread. This was Dee's idea but all of us supported it - the lodge staff are FAMILY to many/most of us.

Are the beds horrible? You bet they are. I stayed at the Homewood Suites last week (in Leesburg VA), a Hilton property. The bed was as bad as Fontana - it's an industry policy to provide WalMart quality mattresses and I don't get it, either. (Of course, I have a sleep number bed at home, so there is NO making me happy.) I actually, FINALLY asked someone - the general manager of the Homewood about this. "Why does a HILTON property provide such a mattress?" She tried the old "Market research" line with me. But since we went all week with ****-warm water (I'm not exaggerating, they had a gas regulator that, apparently, you just cant find replacements for) I didn't let her off the hook. She eventually admitted that it was all economics - the cheap hard mattresses last a lot longer than anything plush, pillow-top or comfortable.

Is the phone service poor?
Sure is - it's a rural area. The cost of a cell site starts around $200,000 and can run a lot higher - no cell company is going to spend that money in such a sparely populated area. The Lodge actually spends their OWN money to provide a micro-cell - this had to have cost them several thousand dollars to install and also costs them monthly fees - with no way to recoup the cost other than a "resort fee" that no one wants to pay. They can't win.

AND, you left something out above, way back in that thread you made a statement about "the organizers" (back then, there was one: Gary - We now have committees that plan these events, but back then, it was just Gary). You laid blame on Gary and I took offense with that. I'd have been less offended if you took a shot at me. My defense of Gary stands.
I have to step in and support ewaynec he has taken abuse that no one should take on this forum. The worst comes from a so called leader. Big man stands behind his keyboard and insults a person twenty years his senior. Big man indeed, I wonder if he would be so keen to insult someone his own age or even someone twenty years younger than himself who was going to see him at the Dragon, I think not.
The following quote is from the CICCI awards thread. I cannot see why this was not deleted. I guess we have rules for some and no rules for others.
Originally Posted by pizzaguy
What happened is that Wayne is a screwball.

Wayne, why the HELL did you start this again? So some desk clerk could not figure out how to find the Crossfires' contract in the computer - both Gary and I talked to Marie about that and she did all she could to get the person up to speed.

But that was not good enough for you, you took a shot at Gary and THAT pissed me off. I was over it until I saw your asinine post.

The Gencoupes had a member show their *** this fall, that person was essentially told not to come back. I'm glad you banned yourself, because YOU are our resident asshat.
Maybe we can get a pal of ewaynec at the Dragon can get you to call him a asshat to his face.

By the way pizzaguy the capital letters sprinkled through your posts these days make you look a bit of a nutter, just thought I would tell you in a nice friendly and open manner. Remember to keep away from those microwave transmitters, they are not good for the brain waves.